- TABMA approached Zadro to develop a new creative marketing campaign to raise awareness of their apprenticeship and traineeship program for the timber industry.
- Timing was vitally important to increase placements and leverage the Government boosting apprenticeships funding in 2021/2022.
- TABMA wanted to attract more young people to the timber industry, to be able to upskill them and provide career pathways.
- The campaign had to re-position the many different job roles and opportunities to showcase the diversity of the timber industry.
- TABMA Apprentices & Trainees aim to build the long-term foundation for the timber industry with a skilled and diverse workforce.
- Zadro reviewed the challenges and barriers to recruiting apprentices and trainees for TABMA, conducted an analysis of the audiences wants and needs, considered the core key messages, and finally, the channel mix; to fuel the communications strategy.
- The campaign: Build a Career for Life in Timber was created as a lead tagline for the promotions.
- Over the course of a 3-month campaign, branded content, case studies, testimonials, videos, and job advertisements were utilised to inform and educate candidates on the diverse roles and opportunities that are available to build a future in the industry.
- Targeted at multiple audiences (the Board, the internal team, members, host employers, employees, candidates, parents and partners) the campaign was implemented through integrated mix of communications including: www.tabma.com.au, EDMs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, printed collateral, recruitment expos and presentations.
- Implementation of a creative and consistent brand campaign across digital, social, direct marketing and advertising channels to multiple stakeholders.
- 50% increase in successful placements of apprentices during the campaign compared to prior placements.
- The TABMA team were engaged and empowered by a campaign message and collateral they could leverage at a sales level.
- Reached more than 40,000 people via Facebook over the 3-month period.
- 5,000 accounts reached on Instagram with 300 new fans across social media.
- Increased engagement of host employers, apprentices and trainees via social media re: tagging, liking, sharing and commenting on content.
““TABMA Apprentices & Trainees is an employer of young people. Our objective is to support the Timber and Building Materials industry through the building of a skilled workforce. To communicate the career paths and benefits of the Timber Industry we knew we needed to embark on a broad social media based communications campaign. I consulted with Debbie from Zadro and immediately knew I was meeting with a marketing professional who could help us. The concepts, material, guidance, and communications that the Zadro team put together for us have been fantastic. Our campaign is achieving the results we are looking for and it is all thanks to Debbie and Zadro.” “
Peter Andersen, General Manager GTO, TABMA Apprentices & Trainees