Zadro has worked with the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society (ATMS) on Natural Medicine Week since its inception in 2016 and each year strive to add new elements and grow the campaign awareness. Natural Medicine Week 2021 was the most successful year ever with a huge social media outreach, and virtual events held by practitioners from all over Australia!
- To increase awareness of the natural medicine industry and the benefits
- To promote accredited practitioners to the public across ingestive therapies, bodywork & massage, and Chinese medicine.
- To share healthy tips and recipes
- To engage government in a conversation about the significance of natural medicine
- While the main objectives of Natural Medicine Week 2021 remained the same as previous years, government restrictions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic required Zadro to shift to only hosting digital and online events
- For the first time 2021, Natural Medicine Week saw the addition of a radio advertising campaign to reach a broader consumer audience
- A digital advertising campaign was developed with NewsCorp and WellBeing Magazine
- Zadro developed and coordinated an ambassador program with 23 past winners of the Natural Medicine Awards and past Natural Medicine Week event holders. The ambassadors were asked to contribute:
- Natural Medicine Week was promoted via naturalmedicineweek.com.au, member EDMs, social media, advertising, consumer email newsletters, events, government and media relations.
- Zadro worked with ATMS to create 250 gift packs for Parliamentarians, with an invite to attend the launch event for the Parliamentary Friends of Complementary and Traditional Therapies. The Parliamentary Friends hosted a mini expo in Parliament House, and provided ATMS the opportunity to showcase therapies and practitioners.
- Successfully grown the reach and engagement of Natural Medicine Week year-on-year.
- Total reach is estimated at 3.9 million people including radio and digital advertising
- 104 events and special offers listed online
- Approximately 2700+ consumers attended 55 digital events
- The Natural Medicine Week website had 27,776 website visits, a 28% increase on the previous year
- There were 6,663 unique visitors to the website during the month of May
- 2 million people were reached via social media
- During May, Instagram had over 403,722 impressions
- Engaged 23 Accredited Practitioners to be ambassadors for Natural Medicine Week
- 50 new recipes and blogs were added to the website
- The Parliamentary Friends of Complementary and Traditional Therapies was a huge success with the expo co-sponsored by Senator Sterling Griff and Rebekah Sharkie MP