The repeated lockdowns across Australia are having an immense impact on business; all reports indicate that for now, snap lockdowns will be a part of life and business for the meantime.
If you find yourself with some time on your hands (not for those home schooling!) what about getting to your marketing to-do list? There are plenty of things you could do for your own marketing right now.
Here’s a list of ideas from the Zadro team to keep you and your team motivated, productive and give your marketing channels a polish.
- Review and revise your marketing strategy. Marketing and communications strategies should be reviewed annually. When was the last time you looked at yours to check what’s working, what’s not, and set new goals? Now is also a great time to clear the decks and get creative.
- Audit and activate your social media. Ensure your company and key staff member’s LinkedIn profiles are current and ask your contacts and clients (past and present) for recommendations. If you have other social media channels, check they are up to date including your About Us and Rules of Engagement sections, cover images and you’ve responded to messages. Now is a good time to write some posts for the next few weeks which you can schedule using the Business Suite.
- Update your website. Review your website with fresh eyes and ask, is the content up to date, are the images current, does it reflect your changed focus, and are there any broken links? Now is a great time to learn how to update your website and do an audit of all your web pages.
- Write blogs, case studies and content. You may not publish them all now, however, it is a good idea to work out what case studies you want and get to work! Write blogs based on the questions you get asked from clients, and compile lists of advice for articles!
- Refresh your marketing materials. Do you need to update your collateral, or create some new documentation? Are your brochures, leave-behinds, info sheets, pitch documents, etc. communicating your key messages and giving prospective clients great reasons to choose you? Print them all and lay them out on a table – you’ll quickly see the inconsistencies and what your prospects are seeing.
- Review, update and consolidate your templates. Templates tend to morph over time! Now is the time to reset your templates and ensure everyone is using the same and most up to date versions.
- Learn a new marketing skill. There are plenty of online courses and webinars to choose from. Learn new marketing skills, explore different channels and the best ways to use them, or take the time to learn how to use various marketing tools such as your email marketing software.
- Continue to communicate with your customers and clients. Use your regular channels – website, social media, enewsletters – or jump on the phone (a communication tool making a strong comeback!) and check-in directly with them. Take the time and the opportunity to continue building your relationships.
- Connect and collaborate. Get in touch with your industry media and seek out opportunities to collaborate or raise the profile of your business or key personnel.
- Be part of the solution. If your industry is doing it tough, it is easy to criticise from the sidelines about what is happening. (re)Connect with your industry association, and get involved, be a part of the discussions, solutions and the future!
- Update your database. OK no one likes this job, but it is the blood supply of your marketing. Break up your database or commit to doing one letter a day (we’re up to M) and review your contacts.
The Zadro team are always here if you want to bounce ideas or have questions. Check out our other blogs for more strategic marketing and communications ideas. We also love a good chat! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 8003 6819.